Are you an entertainment enthusiast based in the US, UK, or Canada? Britbox is the latest video streaming service that allows you to dive into the world of movies and TV shows via your preferred device. Britbox, a product of BBC and ITV Studios, is a subscription-based content provider. You can watch live content on your streaming device or save your favorite shows for offline viewing. Britbox is compatible with Firestick, Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Apple TV, Smart TVs, PCs, and smartphones.
If you love British content, Britbox comes in handy with tons of British TV shows and movies.It library has various content categories, including Drama, Comedy, Classics, and Mystery. You can enjoy programs such as Downtown Abbey, Happy Valley, Gavin & Stacey, and Top Gear. Britbox also offers an extensive selection of Documentaries, including This Farming Life, Supermarket Secrets, 24 Hours Custody, and A History of Ancient Britain.
How to get Britbox on Firestick/ Fire TV
Britbox initially didn’t have a specific app version for Firestick or Fire TV. You could only side-load it on your device or get the app through Amazon Prime. Currently, you can download and install the Britbox app on your streaming device from the Amazon App store.
However, you have to first register for Prime membership to qualify for a Britbox subscription. The Prime subscription will cost you $12.99 per month, while the Britbox package is $6.99/month. You will also enjoy a 30-day free trial with the Prime service and a 7-day cost-free trial with the Britbox subscription. There’s an option to cancel both services. However, canceling the Prime membership disqualifies you from the Britbox subscription.
What to Expect from this Build
After getting the Britbox Build on your streaming device, you can enjoy its appealing features. They include:
- Friendly in-built user interface. Allows you to navigate Britbox’s curated collection easily.
- A vast selection of British content. Britbox offers original BBC and ITV programs, TV shows from Channel 4 and 5, British movies, and series.
- Personalized content recommendations. Based on your choices, you can get specific suggestions to pick from the library.
- Filtering options. You can search for your favorite shows using the actor names.
- Affordable subscription. With only $6.99 per month, you can get the Britbox subscription after obtaining the Prime Membership ($12.99/month).
- Zero ad annoyance. You will not encounter any annoying ads while using Britbox.
Other features include support for parental control and five simultaneous streaming options.
Installation Guide for Britbox on Firestick
You can now download and install the Britbox app on your Firestick or Fire TV from the Amazon App store. Here’s a step-by-step installation guide:
- On the left-hand side of your device’s screen, select the search option.
- Type “Britbox” on the search bar or use your voice to search for the app.
- Click on Britbox after the results appear.
- Select the Britbox app logo after it appears under the Apps & Games row.
- Click on the Get option to download and install Britbox on your Firestick.
- Go back to the home screen to launch the Britbox app.
Note: Before launching the Britbox app, you have to sign up for the subscription by following these steps:
- Open your device’s browser and enter this URL: britbox.co.uk
- Select your preferred package after the options appear on your screen. You can choose the 7-day free trial or the annual plan.
- Then, proceed to create a Britbox account by entering your details. Click on Create account & continue after filling in the form.
- Choose your subscription plan and click on the Continue option.
- Click on Start Subscription after entering your credit card details.
- You will receive an email confirming your Britbox subscription after successful verification of your billing details.
You can now launch the Britbox app on your device and then activate it. To activate the app;
- After launching the Britbox app, click on the Sign In button and wait for a six-digit code.
- Using another device’s browser, enter the following link britbox.co.uk/code and sign up for your Britbox account.
An activation page will appear and prompt you to enter the six-digit code you had received. After entering it, click Continue.
After the activation page disappears, select Start watching to proceed to the homepage.
Your Britbox app is now ready for use!
Is Britbox free with Amazon Prime?
Britbox is not free with Amazon Prime. However, it has an affordable subscription of $6.99 per month or an annual $69.99 payment. The Britbox subscription follows the Prime membership subscription of $12.99 per month.
Britbox has emerged as one of the best streaming services that offer exclusive British content. It is cheaper than other on-demand providers like Netflix. While it has several outstanding features, Britbox lacks download options for mobile and has unappealing playback interfaces.