The most crowded segment in the Indian smartphone market is the under 15000 price bracket thereby leading to many smartphone manufacturers going tooth and nail to grab the maximum share. While choices are an advantage for the consumer, it often leaves us in decision paralysis. Cutting out all the guesswork and the long research time you would have to put into selecting the best phone, we will focus on a brand that has out-performed expectations with regard to design, specifications, and pricing thereby holding the No. 1 position in the country.
The top player in India
Xiaomi launched its first phone in 2011 in China and went to expand beyond home territory. It entered the Indian market in 2014 and officially overtook Samsung in the third quarter of 2017 to become the top overall smartphone brand by virtue of market share in the world’s second-largest smartphone market in the world. Since then, Xiaomi’s has only expanded further and today holds 26% of the smartphone market in India. To retain its No. 1 position, it had to aggressively compete with heavy-weights of the smartphone world, including Samsung and Apple as well as diminish the presence of local players like Micromax & LG.
Xiaomi’s winning strategy
- Creating high-spec smartphones and selling them at low price points, particularly in the under 15000 price segment, has always been its most compelling value proposition
- its strategy to prioritize large selling volumes over high profit-margins is able to give the judicious Indian consumer the best value for their money
- Rather than focusing on more premium markets like the US and Europe, Xiaomi’s business model puts heavy emphasis on emerging markets like India and other Asian markets which many other companies previously ignored
- While pricing was certainly its strongest USP, Xiaomi did not compromise on the look or features at any time and in fact bolstered the positive customer sentiment through better enhancement and upgrades
- Xiaomi is changing mindsets and venturing into the premium smartphone segment and released a series of hits in the Mi 10 series of phones
- The company continues to strengthen its commitment to the ‘Make in India’ initiatives and has generated employment for over 30000 people which deepens the brand loyalty of the Indian customer
What sets MI phones apart from their competition?
- Its heavy online presence and flash sales have set new benchmarks in the smartphone industry which was typically dominated by offline sales and brick-and-mortar stores across the country
- Its target market is the price-sensitive, middle-income group of customers and millennials who prefer mobile phones under 15000
- MI phones come with features and specifications which are unmatched while keeping the pricing highly affordable thereby building loyalty through repeat purchasing
- The brilliant camera set-up has always been the crowning glory of the Xiaomi phones and this is clearly evident in the popular Redmi series
- Innovative new designs, compelling high-end offerings as well as a robust 5G portfolio should help Xiaomi stay ahead of the curve in 2021 and retain its No.1 position
Redmi Note 9 Pro: The ‘Performance Beast from Xiaomi
Under the flagship Redmi series by Xiaomi, the Redmi Note 9 Pro was launched in March 2020 and is still turning heads a year later. Below are some of the riveting features of the phone:
- The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro, with a combination of style and sturdiness, is undeniably one of the best buys in the under 15000 range.
- It comes in 3 high-toned color variants with triple Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for improved strength and the splash-proof nano-coating technology (by P2i) ensures high safety and durability of the phone.
- The screen is 6.6. Inches and comes with an FHD and 84.5% screen-to-body ratio for a phenomenal viewing experience.
- It is powered by Android 10 Operating and an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor, which outperforms the processors of several other smartphones in the under 15000 segment (including Snapdragon 730, Snapdragon 675, and Helio P95).
- It is packed with a gigantic 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging which ensures long-lasting usage
- The 48MP AI quad-camera array and 16 MP front camera with AI portrait mode, night mode, AI Scene Detection are a treat for photo-savvy users
- Expandable storage (upto 512 GB) and 2 variants of RAM (4 GB/ 6B) only amplifies the smart and smooth performance of the phone
- Redmi Note 9 Pro is one of the few devices where the fingerprint sensor is side-mounted for easy access and speedy unlocking, whether the device is placed on a surface or in your pockets
Bag your favorite smartphone
With No Cost EMI’s starting at 999, purchasing MI mobiles has never been this easy. The Bajaj Finserv EMI store will ensure a smooth and coherent process to purchase your smartphone with easy installments and no hidden costs.