Instagram ranks on the top of the list of preference by most of the business brands and marketers when it comes to all social media platforms. You will need to know about the social media landscape on the whole to understand the reasons.
- Social media, as such, has grown tremendously in popularity over the years. Now it has over 3.5 billion users, and the number is still growing! Quite naturally, this will be the most preferred medium for the business bands and marketers when it comes to the reach out factor to the target audience.
- This accessible digital landscape is also considered for business marketing purposes due to the fact that it has several large social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, and more.
Therefore, marketers and brands have a wide range of options to choose from as well have a wider reach-potential.
Instagram is the best
However, it is seen that when it comes to choosing one specific social media platform for business marketing, it is Instagram that is preferred the most. This is in spite of the fact that the number of active monthly users on this specific platform is second to Facebook. The primary reason for this is that:
- This photo and video sharing mobile app provides better engagement and
- This platform provides marketers with the ability to establish an instant connection with users.
If only the posts are relevant, Instagram marketing will be the most effective.
Factors that make Instagram the best
There are a few specific factors that make Instagram the most preferred social media platform of all.
- It ensures better penetration to the target market, especially when it comes to shopping. According to human nature, most young men and women are impulsive buyers. It is for this reason they are the easiest ones to influence their shopping choices. There probably cannot be a better place than Instagram to do so with highly engaging and influencing pictures of high resolution and a short video of the product demonstrating its usage and benefits.
- It also helps in displaying the content in the best possible way. This will allow you to build your online presence and create a better brand image and awareness through the high-resolution pictures and videos. Your marketing and brand promotion efforts will be much more useful than it will be if you use Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media website.
- Instagram is preferred because it has the best UI or User Interface. On other social media platforms, the users will not only be able to see the photos but will also be able to see the links and sidebars, the chat screen, and a lot of different buttons. On the contrary, when you use Instagram in addition to a website, users can only see the images and videos providing them with a clutter-free User Interface.
Lastly, since the Instagram users spend more time on this platform than others, it enables social media marketers to enjoy better customer engagement. This is where Instagram outshines other social media platforms.
Instagram versus other social media platforms
When you compare Instagram with other social media platforms, you will see that this specific social platform has grown in popularity much faster than others since it was first launched in 2010. With more than a billion active monthly users now, this platform is the second most popular social media platform in the world that the marketers have fallen in love with.
- If you look at the number of marketers that use this platform for their business, you will see that it merely has doubled over the past six months!
- If you look at the uses of different social platforms, you will see that though most of these platforms have similar demographics and audience, the applications of each are various when it comes to social media strategy.
Therefore, if you want to make the best out of this potent site, you will need to know just how much time and money you need to invest in it to promote your brand. However, if you want to make your Instagram marketing strategy more productive, take help from experts in this field, such as Gramista.
Comparing Instagram with Facebook
This means that though Facebook may have a head start in terms of popularity and user base, it is the growth factor of Instagram that has made it the preferred platform. A statistical comparison of the two platforms will make things more apparent to you.
The critical stats of Facebook show that it has:
- 38 billion active monthly users
- 96% of the accounts are accessed via a mobile device
- 40% of consumers that watch most videos on Facebook
- 65 million Facebook pages of small businesses and
- 89% of marketers using it as a part of their social marketing strategy.
On the other hand, Instagram statistics show that:
- It has 1 billion active monthly users
- Nearly 37% of all Internet users in the US are on Instagram
- There are more than 500 million active Instagram Stories users daily all over the world
- About 60% of Instagram users visit this platform daily and
- More than 65% use this platform as a part of their social marketing strategy.
Therefore, it is quite clear that in spite of the more significant vanity numbers of Facebook, it is the statistics of Instagram that are more impressive.
Instagram is the most preferred social platform because it provides a lot of scope to a brand to establish its online presence. It will create higher engagement with your target audience.
In addition to that, marketing through Instagram will also expand the visibility of your site, thereby raising its organic traffic count at the same time. Since this platform has an extensive network, it will be easy for any brand to get and make what they actually want from their social audience.
Using this platform does not need much effort as compared to other social media applications, making it the most preferred platform as well.