By far, the most demanded profession is programming. It’s hard to imagine a company that doesn’t need the services of a software engineer. However, not all employers understand that it is not a simple task to find a perfect software engineer. Recruiting managers rarely get all the specifics of the IT sphere. Let’s take a look at qualities determining an ideal software agency.
Things to look at
To begin with, let’s highlight the most important steps that will help you when choosing an outsourcing software company.
- Look for a firm that is an expert in their field, for instance, an enterprise software development company. Avoid companies that claim to know everything and know it better than anyone else. Such know-it-alls are unlikely to do their job well. Even the largest IT companies still have their specificity.
- Take a close look at the company’s portfolio. See how projects similar to yours have been completed. If possible, be sure to contact customers and ask them for feedback on this outsourcing firm.
- Constant contact with the software development agency is incredibly important. Try to always stay up to date with the current status of the project and request appointments. It is important to control the status of the project at every stage of development.
IT project development is not a cheap pleasure
Most people think outsourcing should be cheaper than finding a team and developing software yourself. However, this is often an unjustified expectation, and many outsourcing companies can go over budget by up to 50%. In addition to money expenses, it may require more time than you have planned initially. To develop quality software, you need to go through all the stages of development. This is why software development is not only about writing code. If your budget does not allow such expenses, then pay attention to foreign companies. Certainly, experts from Silicon Valley will cost you much more than the same services of Central Europe companies.
In addition, it is important to understand the types of outsourcing.
There are usually 4 main types of outsourcing software development:
- Onshore – software development by companies from your country, city.
- Nearshore – services of companies from neighboring countries.
- Offshore – using the services of non-CIS companies.
- Hybrid – when the company has either developers or management in different countries.
Of course, each of these approaches has both pros and cons. If you choose the first option, you can ensure regular meetings and always be in close contact with the developer. On the other hand, looking for outsourcing companies abroad can save your budget.
Company selection stages
The process is simple to choose the Best Crypto Exchange, for example. At the initial stage, you study thousands of proposals on the Internet, review their projects. At this stage, you need to shortlist about 10 software development companies that are likely to suit you best. Explore the projects of these companies, from the portfolio and website. It is important to read the reviews, both positive and negative. This will help you narrow down the list of companies to a maximum of 5. After analyzing the results, you will have to make a final choice. To do this, go to a careful study of the cost of projects. Also, learn about the technology stack the team expects to use for your project. These steps will help you make your final decision.
Let’s re-emphasize the basic points to look out for in a software development company.
- First, be clear about your requirements. This is very important, as unclear requirements may cause misunderstandings.
- Second, make a list of potential companies and sort it by looking at criteria such as experience, technology, testimonials, portfolio, and price.
- Third, contact the software development firms and discuss your project. It is critical to understand whether you are comfortable communicating with the team, whether you find a common language and whether you feel that you can entrust them.
- Fourth, don’t be afraid to say no if something doesn’t fit you. In the end, you act as a customer and the result should completely satisfy you.
We hope this guide helps you find the best software development company!