One of the very best ways to download anything, including movies, onto your iOS device is to use torrents, but this normally requires you to download them to your PC first. Now you don’t need to, with an iOS app called iTransmission. A free app, iTransmission, makes the job a breeze, so keep reading for the details.
App Features :
- Free to use
- No jailbreak needed
- Works on all iOS devices
- One-click to add a new torrent
- Stop and start your downloads with a tap
- Data, VPN and Wi-Fi supported for torrent downloads
- Information about torrents readily available
- Loads of extra features
How to Download iTransmission
You won’t get iTransmission from the app store because Apple doesn’t support this. Don’t worry, though; there are two other methods.
Method 1: AppValley
A third-party app store, AppValley offers free and easy access to thousands of unofficial apps and games:
- Download AppValley from the official website
- Launch AppValley and run a search for iTransmission app
- Tap it and follow the on-screen guide to install it
- Enjoy easy access to your favorite torrents
Fix Untrusted Developer Error
If you get an Untrusted Developer error when you try to use iTransmission, here’s how to fix it:
- Launch iOS Settings and open General > Profiles
- Tap the name of the developer
- Tap on Trust
- Close Settings – iTransmission will now work
Method 2: IPA File
Cydia Impactor is the recommended tool for sideloading apps like iTransmission onto your iPhone and iPad. You are limited to a maximum of three apps using Cydia Impactor, but there is one downside – Cydia Impactor signs unofficial files so, after a few days, Apple will revoke the certificate, and the app will crash. The only way you can get it back is to reactivate it using the steps below:
- Download Cydia Impactor onto your PC and extract the contents
- Download iTransmission IPA
- Connect your device to your computer and open Cydia Impactor
- When your device has been identified, click on Device
- Click Install Package and find the IPA you downloaded
- You could also just drag the IPA file into Cydia Impactor
- Type in your Apple credentials – make sure to use an app-specific password and wait
- When Cydia Impactor has finished, follow the steps above for the Untrusted Developer error
iTransmission doesn’t require a jailbreak, but if you already have one on your device, you can download a Cydia app called ReProvision that will do the same as Cydia Impactor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Lots of questions have been asked about iTransmission, and we have the answers to some of the more commonly asked ones:
What is iTransmission Used For?
iTransmission is a mobile bit torrent client that makes downloading torrent files to your iOS device easy to do. It works on all iOS devices on iOS 10 or above.
Is iTransmission Safe to Use? Legal?
Yes, to both questions. It is a legal app, and it is safe to install on your device, so long as you use the official link. And, as an added bonus, because there is no need to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad to use it, you are not opening your device to the security risks that come with it.
iTransmission Stopped Working – Why?
The reason for that is probably because the app certificate has been revoked. Remember, if you use Cydia Impactor, you will need to reactivate it whenever the certificate is revoked. Alternatively, use AppValley and use an anti-revoke app on your device. If you can’t get iTransmission working again, the easiest thing to do is delete it and start again.
Where Does iTransmission Store The Torrent Files I Download?
iTransmission stores your files in var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/iTransmission(bundle)/Documents/Downloads
And I Don’t Need to Jailbreak?
Absolutely not. Just download it using one of the methods above and start using it.
iTransmission is the mobile version of a desktop app called Transmission, and it works in exactly the same way. The only difference is, it installs the torrents directly to your mobile device, eliminating the hassle of transferring files from your PC.
Try iTransmission today; it’s completely free and safe to use’ you won’t use any other way to download Torrent file.