Vudu is an American content provider and media technology service providing full-length internet movies to TVs in the USA. You can amp up your movie-watching experience. by installing Vudu on Firestick, you can get access to unlimited TV programs or movies. Different films ranging from documentaries, anime, cartoons, and TV series are available in standard-definition, HD, and 4K ultra-HD formats, with HDR10, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby Vision on supported devices.
Vudu streams more than 24,000 movies and over 8,000 TV shows, making it ideal for the watchers. It has movies ranging from independent films, documentaries, children’s programs, musicals, cartoons, and TV series. All films are available in standard-definition, HD, and 4K ultra-HD formats, with HDR10, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby Vision available on supported devices.
The service has a variety of features which include:
Ability to create and sort lists; With a Vudu account, collection arrangement, e.g., a list of favorite movies, children’s movies, or arranging a list by the user can be created.
A 30-Minute redo; you can stop an already rented movie within the first 30 minutes and receive a credit equal to it.
Family Play feature; allows you to choose content varying with Sex/Nudity, Language, and Violence. This feature lockable using a password with the settings applying to individual devices.
Disc to Digital; facilitates the scanning of the UPC barcode of movies on DVDs and Blu-rays to turn them into digital copies. You can only convert a hundred discs annually with standard definition and HDX formats costing $2 to $5. The converted movies are available offline anytime.
InstaWatch; with a Walmart account, you can buy qualified DVDs and Blue-rays and watch their digital copies instantly.
Movies Anywhere; Vudu has a digital locker that keeps your movies accessible from Vudu compatible devices anytime.
Vudu on Firestick/ Fire TV Installation Guide
Via Amazon App Store
- On the Find Option in the TV, click Search
- Type Vudu on the search bar and click on the first option
- The Fire TV Vudu App is under Apps & Games
- Click Get and open the app to launch it
- You have successfully installed the Vudu App on your Firestick TV
When using this method, you must enable installation from unknown sources using the following methods;
- Navigate the settings of your Firestick TV
- Tap the Device/My Fire TV option
- Go to the developer options and turn Apps from Unknown Sources on
- On the displayed pop-up message, click the Turn On button
After enabling third-party installation, use the following methods to install a Vudu App on your Firestick TV.
- Launch a Downloader app on your Firestick
- On this URL (https://bit.ly/3eMEiLW) then tap on the Go button
- The Vudu APK file opens in the installation screen automatically after downloading
- On the bottom screen at the right corner, click the Install button
- After installation, click on the Open button to launch the Vudu APK file on your Firestick TV
- Sign in with your Vudu account to stream your favorite media
Vudu on Firestick – Web Browser
Since Vudu can is a streaming website, you can visit its official website through a web browser. Amazon Silk Browser is the ideal web browser for your Firestick TV. The steps of installing this web browser are as below.
- Click the search icon on the Firestick TV main menu.
- Type Silk Browser on the search bar and click on the first option under Apps & Games
- Click download and wait for the Silk Browser to be installed on your TV
- Launch the browser by clicking the open button
- Click the Apps option on the screen that pops up
- On the Silk Browser, tap the Options button and select Move
- You can use your remote to move the Silk Browser to any location on the screen
After successfully installing the web browser, use the following steps to stream your favorite content on the TV.
- On the Silk Browser search box, enter vudu.com and click on the Go button
- After the official website screen pops up, you may decide to add Vudu as a bookmark by clicking on the star icon at the top menu
How to Create a Vudu Account
- You can create a Vudu account by clicking on the Vudu website.
- On the screen upper right, click Sign In and then Create an account.
- Key in your details which include name, email, and a password.
- After checking on the Terms and Privacy, click Sign Up.
- Similarly, you may opt to sign up with a Facebook or Walmart account.
- After creating an account, download the Vudu app to sign in to the account on your mobile device.
How to Install the Vudu Mobile App
The Vudu mobile app installation is available for both Android and iOS as below:
- Open Google Play Store on your android device or App Store on your iOS device.
- On the search bar type, Vudu app to install it.
- Following the instructions on the screen, sign in to your Vudu account.
- After signing in, browse for movies that suit your interests.
How to Watch Movies on Vudu App
- After launching your Vudu app, browse the homepage for a variety of movies.
- Free films are available on clicking the movie cover, and the movie plays automatically.
- For renting or purchasing, click on the corresponding tab and choose a format.
- Key in the payment details and execute the transaction.
Most cord-cutters use VPNs for these free streaming applications, add-ons, and paid IPTV services as these tools are at times from insecure servers. You should protect yourself with a VPN when streaming so that no one can log your IP Address. The IP Address can be used to track from your streaming location, thus compromising your privacy and identity. Since the movies streamed come in large HD files, a faster VPN will be ideal, if you find a VPN that has a strict no-log policy, the better.