Peacock TV is a new streaming service owned by NBC Universal. The service serves as a one-stop-shop for NBC Universal content. It boasts of various libraries for original NBC live sports, comedies, drama, Universal Studios films, and the latest media content.
Peacock TV is a free, ad-supported plan whereby subscribers can access a limited amount of content, unlike Netflix or Hulu. If you would like to access additional content, Peacock has two Premium plans, i.e., an all-access with ads package plus an all-access, ad-free package.
Currently, Peacock TV is compatible with the following devices:
- Firestick/Fire TV
- Android devices
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- LG Smart TVs
- Vizio Smart Cast
- Xfinity Flex 4k
Chromecast, Xfinity Flex 4K, and Xbox One users are granted free access with no strings attached if subscribed for a Peacock Premium plan.
However, to access the Peacock TV content, you must own a Peacock T.V. account. If you have not opened a Peacock TV account yet, consider the following steps to open one:
How to Open a Peacock TV Account
• Open the Peacock TV website and click on Start Watching Now to sign up.
• Fill out the required information on the Create an account page and click on Create Account.
• On the page that you are redirected to, click on Start Watching.
You can now stream the Peacock TV content such as movies, T.V. shows, and live channels.
After successful registration, you will receive a confirmation email which you should save for future reference.
What to Expect from Peacock TV
Peacock TV has an array of great features, including:
• A live video plays automatically in the background when scrolling through each program.
• Peacock TV users have an option to search for content in three different ways. They include channels, trending, and browse sections.
• The Channels section displays an EPG for more straightforward navigation through the various channels.
• The Trending displays short clips from sports, TV shows, and other content provided by Peacock TV.
• The Browse section provides users with two rows to view, i.e., Continue Watching and Watchlists.
• The TV offers content in various categories, which include movies, news, TV shows, sports, kids, and Latino.
NBC Universal’s offers the Peacock TV subscribers the following fantastic TV shows:
- 30 Rock
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Chicago Med
- Downton Abbey
- Everybody Loves Raymond
- Friday Night Lights
- The Real Housewives
- Will & Grace
- Law and Order
- Saturday Night Live
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians
The Peacock TV offers subscribers fantastic movies produced by top producers like Illumination, DreamWorks, and Universal, showing Jurassic Park, American Pie, Jaws, E.T., the Extra-Terrestrial, Jason Bourne, Fast and Furious series, and Shrek.
Peacock broadcasts news from popular broadcasters like CNBC, MSNBC, Sky News, and NBC News Now.
It also features NBC Sky World News, Comcast’s new English-language channel.
Peacock TV also broadcasts short clips from Today, MSNBC, E! News, Meet the Press, NBC Nightly News, and CNBC.
NBC is planning to broadcast the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics live on Peacock TV.
Coverage will include the opening and closing ceremonies, live sports events, mid-day highlights, and nightly recaps.
Peacock TV treats soccer fans to Premier League events too. It also offers sports genre channels such as SNL Vault, Olympic Profiles, and Family Movie Night.
Since the Peacock TV is compatible with various devices, let’s look at how to install Peacock T.V. on Fire Stick. Consider the following steps for a successful installation.
Installation of Peacock TV on Firestick
Since it is not available for installation from the Amazon App Store, users have to side-load the Peacock TV app.
You will have to use the Downloader APK to install the Peacock TV application on your device. The Downloader APK supports all Firestick, Fire TV, and Android devices. The application can also be found in these Firelinked Codes.
The following steps will guide you on installing Peacock TV on the Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite. However, the steps will also work for any version of Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube.
Follow the guide below to install Peacock on Firestick or Fire TV device:
- Install the Downloader app from your Amazon App Store. After installation, navigate the Fire Stick’s settings to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Launch the Downloader APK and click on Allow.
- On the screen that shows, click on OK.
- Place the cursor inside the URL box and then open the keyboard by pressing the OK button on your remote.
- Use the keyboard to type the following URL as precisely as it is– https://troypoint.com/peacock and then click on Go.
- Wait for the file to finish downloading and click on Install.
- Click on Done and then on Delete after the prompt text appears. This removes the file from your device to free up some space.
- Click on Delete again to ensure it is successful.
- Go back to the Fire Stick’s your home screen and select See All under Your Apps & Channels option.
- Hover over the Peacock T.V. options, down the screen, click on the Options button on your remote.
- On the screen that shows, click on Move to front.
Now launch the Peacock TV App on your Fire Stick. Use your Peacock TV account to Sign in and enjoy your favorite shows.
Peacock TV is among the most incredible working apps which can stream on a Firestick, Fire TV, or an Android device. You can visit the official site for the Peacock TV to check out its free trials, premium plus plans, or more details. Now, get your movie and TV streaming fix with Peacock TV installed on your preferred streaming device. The Peacock TV app has a massive content collection. It consists of free TV series, movies, sports, news, kids, reality TV, and other binge-worthy content. To enjoy content on Peacock TV, use the guide on this article to download, and install the app.