For Mac users, data loss can be big trouble. How to recover deleted or lost data? Many companies have introduced data recovery software. Today, we are going to review the free version of iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac. Let’s check its performance.
How do I use iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac?
Generally speaking, here are the steps you can try to retrieve your data using the free version. Pay attention to the steps may vary under specific circumstances.
Step 1: Free download iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac from here: https://iboysoft.com/mac-data-recovery/free-mac-data-recovery.html.
Step 2: Install and launch the software. All detected disks and volumes will be listed.
Step 3: Choose where to recover the data from available disk drives. Select an individual volume if necessary.
Step 4: Click Scan to scan your deleted data. If you’d like to recover lost data, click Deep scan on the lower-left corner instead. Wait for the scanning results.
Step 5: Click Path, Type, or Time to help you find the deleted or lost data more easily. The files will be presented in the middle. You can also preview the file.
Step 6: Remember to check the files you want to recover. Then click Recover on the lower right corner.
Step 7: Select a desired location for the recovered files. You are not suggested to save them on its original volume or disk.
Step 8: Check if you can find all deleted or lost files before leaving the results page. Once everything is done, you can quit the program.
Features of iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac
- It is the only data recovery software on the market that can recover data from T2-equipped Macs.
- It manages to recover data even when you can’t successfully turn on the Mac.
- It supports retrieving data even from the unmountable, corrupted, or unreadable drive.
- It permits you the chance to preview. With this function, you can clearly see the actual file and decide whether to recover it or not.
- It can recover multiple types of deleted and lost data, photos, videos, documents, and audio, to name a few.
- It comes with the recovery of deleted and lost data right from Macintosh HD and various external drives.
- It supports data recovery from drives with HFSX, HFS, HFS+, exFAT, FAT32, APFS, and encrypted APFS file system.
- It provides technical support to help users retrieve data if they can’t handle it alone.
- It offers a clear and simple user interface. With easy and quick operations, data recovery is no longer complicated for normal users.
- It manages full Mac OS support. This program’s compatibility ranges from macOS Big Sur to macOS 10.12 (Sierra), OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) to 10.7 (Lion).
- It offers two scanning options. This program is able to scan in various formats, including deep and fast scanning. The default setting is fast scanning and you can manually check the deep scanning if necessary.
Why can you recover deleted or lost data
When storing data on a storage device, no matter it’s the fixed disk drive or any external storage device, the operating system writes down two sets of information of the data on the device. One is called the reference, also known as the file record, which contains information like the size and initial position of the file. And the other is the data section which stores the real content of the file.
When you are deleting a file, the deletion just changes the state of the reference, making it hidden, marked, or removed based on the rules of different file systems. As a result, the operating system can no longer access the deleted file through its original reference. However, the content of the file is still on the storage device unless it’s overwritten by other data.
Since the data is not erased, with methods to repair or rebuild the reference, you can have access to your files. That’s why you can recover data with iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.
iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac provides users with both free and paid versions. If you want to retrieve files less than 1 GB with non-APFS or non-APFS-encrypted file system, just go for the free one. The paid version can fulfill unlimited data recovery with more powerful functions.